Saturday, January 12

How to make the good, great


A new year, a new look.

I'm not a big fan of new years resultions and the like, but I do like fresh starts.
I like new routines and the 'pause' and 'delete' button of life.

So I'll be using both those things to make the next few weeks groudbreaking.



Part of my excitement comes from the fact that I now have a youth minstry team!
Byron and Steph take a bow (photos to come)

They are both gifted, fresh and ready. They are ex GWC students (not expelled, just finished) who are putting the icing on their ministry cakes by spending the first 2 years out of college with me and the gang at St James. They are no strangers to the place, but I think their presence will blow our youth groups wide open. (In the good sense, not the Hiroshima sense).

I am now a 'boss' / overseerer / manager / trainer . . . of sorts.

So here is my question:

Who was the best person you ever worked under / for / with?

What made that experience so totally excellent?
(Or if you have a horror story, how could it have been different?)

Please comment - Byron and steph beg of you :)

Scott

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was working through some of these bad boys & saw that this hadn't received any comments. Anyway, my 10c.

I had a horror experience of working under someone doing MTS, but I also had a really good experience working with someone there.

My big advice is honesty and communication. If they are fresh out of college, then this is a great time for them to be watching and learning. Being available for them to look through your preparation for a sermon & see the "how" as much as the "what" of ministry.

I guess the other important thing is to expect that people do things slower than you. We get faster with time & we work out better ways to do things too.

Anyway, nothing profound, but there you go.