Wednesday, April 11

Two Oceans 2007

The road home

The mighty Celtic's at UCT and behind, the mt

This guy fell apart with about 50 m to go.

The mission: To get under 1hour 50 min.

The hurdle: Enough training to feel good but not enough to probably make much difference.

The crisis: 20 seconds into the race - I get a killer stitch. My training partner disappears and I'm in a hurt locker.

The panic: Half way thru the race i check the time - 1hr 03 - if I stay on this target I'm running a 2hr 06! Nooooooooooo!!

The decisive moment: I pop one of Trevors blue pills. I don't know what's in them but it kicks on so that . . .

The finish: I run the second half in 45 min and finish with 1:48:42

The next mission: To take another 5 min off for next year.

Scott

5 comments:

Amanda Cox said...

Great run. sounds like a nice challenge youve set your self too. good luck.
amanda
& thanks for the message - dinner went well :)

Anonymous said...

thanks!

do doctors do exercise? ;) i'm a real amateur.

Glad dinner was good - we'll have to shoot for one ... soon-ish!

Craig Tubman said...

Well done Big Brother!!!

I run the half in a month. I've never done under 1hr 53min. You have now set the bench mark.

My turn to challenge the title!!

How beautiful is Cape Town!! Damn.....those mountains are great. There are zero mountains here in Newtown - very boring.

by the way, I'm going on a mission to Quakers Hill in 2 weeks!

Craig Tubman said...

Hey bro,

looked what I stumbled over tonight

http://www.teachersguild.nsw.edu.au/past_winners.htm

crazy times

Amanda Cox said...

actually... doctors are too busy studying for exercise.
:)