Friday, February 9

This week I realised in my 7 years at St James I have never done a talk on giving.

Well, this Sunday, all that changes.

Why?

I read 2 Cor 8:8-9

"I am not commanding you, but I want to test the sincerity of your love by comparing it with the earnestness of others. For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, so that you through his poverty might become rich."


Generosity is at the heart of the gospel. It was actually the spark that began the whole thing; God's generosity to us.

So we're going to ask a youth group 30km down the road who can't manage a camp of there own if they would like to come with us on our camp in March. We don't want to be generous with money but also with our fellowship and fun. I'm selling it to our kids this Sunday. You might want to pray that the unfettered generosity of God takes root in their hearts too.

Scott

1 comment:

Chelsea Taylor said...

thats a great idea scott.
it is definately good to encourage financial generosity, but so good for kids to learn other ways of being generous too!

will definately be praying for this sunday!