Tuesday, June 13

Hell, Yes!!


I'll be honest. I watch soccer . . .sorry, football, once every 4 years. If I bumped into a member of the Socceroos walking down the street, I would be clueless. But now, I need to apologise to my team, my countrymen, my nation.

I'm sorry. Really.

With that apology in place want to say, You guys are bloody awesome!!!!!!!!

I pulled some comments off the Sydney Morning Herald. In the true spirit of mateship and the little Aussie battler, read on . . . .

“Vince Grella hunted like a dog, Brett Emerton had so much energy he could have run to Kaiserslautern from his teenage home near Cambelltown. When Craig Moore returns to Australia, he could move to near Uluru. He would not look out of place. Kewell toyed with defenders although to little avail. Chipperfield motored. Viduka actually ran, too. There was not a cheat among them.”

“Tim Cahill, the hero of the hour, grew up in Annandale, a freak at his school for playing "soccer" in the playground. He flew into Japan's penalty box to score Australia's equaliser and was a freak once more. Then there was the second.

Build that man a statue on Johnston Street.”

Scott


PS: sorry for stealing your pic Justin

2 comments:

Justin said...

I stole it from SMH.

And I didn't even Apologise to them.

A Statue on JOhnson St indeed!

Anonymous said...

Aussie, aussie, ooi, ooi!!!

Now that Australia are in the second round, they'll probably beat Italians come Monday the 26th!

Lloyd