Monday, December 5

Please . . . don't do it

I've got a lot of pent up blogging to do but I'll try and keep each post as its own little universe.

So we begin this week with a sordid tale.

For those who don't know, my house backs onto the church carpark. The other night our dogs woke us up at 3am barking themselves stupid. I saw a bakkie (ute) parked next to my car right outside our back gate (which is weird because the car park has a couple of hundred empty spaces at 3am) There were 2 guys hoping in and out of the back of their bakkie for about 10 min. Then a women got out and wandered off. Soon after, the men drove away.

In the morning I woke to find 2 used condoms in the parking space next to my car. Basically, the St James church carpark has become a brothel. After doing some investigation with the local security guys, it turns out that the flat across the road has a new resident - a Nigerian pimp who works from home and sends his clients into our carpark for business.

How do you respond to that?! (We have done all the 'right' things, alerted the police etc) I feel as if I need to put a sign on my back wall - maybe the Nike 'tick' and the words - "Please . . .don't do it" I don't know! I'm feeling a bit grossed out by all this. I was thinking about getting rid of the dogs but maybe not. I think I also need a better back gate.

Scott

1 comment:

Craig Tubman said...

Good Gosh?!!?

tsunami's, earthquakes, famine, and friggin nigerians pippin in the car park.

Man, sometimes this world seems like a hell hole.
which ofcourse it isn't (fully) but i'm feeling the pain.
Is it time for Scott to become old man pappa - sitting on the back porch with a shot gun and his dog, smoking a pipe and taking pop shots and the pipping locals?