Friday, October 28

Consumer Karma

As they swiped my credit card I have never felt so excited and ashamed at the same time. But I got to admit, as I was unpacking the 6 speaker surround sound DVD player I was mainly excited. I never thought I would embrace such naked consumerism. I'm not going to try and justify it by saying I'll use it for ministry or, it's an investment (whatever that means) but I can make most of the guilt go away with 2 words. Birthday money.

To ease my conscience I threw in the 2003 Coldplay concert DVD. (It's amazing what my conscience responds to.) It's brought me so much happiness. So imagine my joy when I saw written on the Coldplay piano
www.maketradefair.com I could magically undo my consumerism with the click of a button!

Can I encourage you to click that button and take a visit to
www.maketradefair.com
If your looking for a cause, this would be a good place to start.
Sign the petition, I know I did.

Scott

No comments: