Saturday, November 7

How to Be Good: Part 2 of 4


In case you just joined us . . .

I'm trying to figure out where 'being eager to do what is good' fits into our Christian lives, especially in the life of our local churches.

Here are my answers to the questions from the previous post . . .

As a local church, where does doing good for your community fit on your list of priorities?


It's always been there, but perhaps recently it climbed a few steps. Not sure if we have all caught up yet however.

If you try to pursue what is good for your neighbourhood, do you feel a little guilty that you’re not using that time and energy to evangelise them instead?

Yes.

If you were to decide to devote yourself to doing good for your community, where would you start?

Thanks to the vision of that wonderful women I'm married too, we actually have a plan for that now! But more in a post or two . . .

Do you think doing good just needs the church to be a bit ‘nicer’, or would it take a paradigm shift?

Both. Speaking for myself, I certainly need to relax a little and be willing to look outside of my normal sphere of concern. However, I haven't stumbled into this, it hit me like a truck, so I'm also going to put a hand up for 'paradigm shift' as well.

Next post is something which will clarify lots and put some head scratching to rest . . . "What's the difference between being good and doing good?"

No comments: