Tuesday, April 29

Evangelical Students Conference

On the weekend I gave 6 talks on the Sermon on the Mt at the Evangelical Student Conference. It covers 3 university campus and their student ministries. It was a great time which really opened my mind to some of the amazing work the staff workers are doing. It was also a real eye opener for me in terms of the people that I met. Culturally very diverse and as it was interdenominational that also gave it a really exciting edge!
The campsite was nestled in the hills out the back of Stellenbosch. It was pretty stunning.



Meet Paul. He is from the DRC. He has only been in SA about a year and was really encouraging about the talks. He made himself part of our 'classic memories' package because when he heard that Hayley had arrived on camp he went to find her. When he did he ran up whistling & shouting, 'Mrs Scott! Mrs Scott!' Then after his curiosity was satisfied he ran back to me, slapped me on the back and said, "your wife is VERY beautiful!!"

Good man that.


On the left is Fritz - Campus director at UCT. On my right is Kurd, a new apprentice working with Fritz. They are both lengends and both still undersupported. If you are looking to give - let me know and we can hook you up with them.


Just a little taste of the winelands that surrounded the campsite. It's a pretty nice time of the year out there.

No comments: