Monday, October 15

Book club

Tonight is the first meeting of 11 guys for a book club

But I know what you are thinking. Me too.

'Book club' sounds so girly, right?
So I emailed the lads and suggest we think of a better name.
Here are some of the suggestions

(The premise of the group is to meet once a month to pick up a new book, talk, and drink beer.)


Beer and Books

Lads, Liquor and Literature

Dead Prophets Soceity

Puff, buff and poetry (this gentlemen suggested we add cigars to the mix. I'm not sure about the 'buff' part though?)

And then came along Carl.
Carl had the following suggestion which put a whole lot more grunt into the 'book club' label.
See below.


The first rule of book club is that you don't talk about book club.

And if it's your first night . . . you HAVE to read.

Scott

1 comment:

Craig Tubman said...

Book Club - that is classic...made me laugh.

For my part, may I say that everything about the 'book club' is amazingly cool. It may sound woosy, but from an inner ciry angle, it is very hip!

You're the man. Something new each year is so important, just to keep freshness and continue the ball rolling