Monday, March 5

I'm feeling pretty tough

In 32 days I'm running the Two Oceans Marathon, 'The most beautiful marathon in the world'. It's only going to be half as beautiful for me cause I'm only doing the half (acute pain, permanant damage and expensive hospitalization are not where I'm at right now).

So I thought I'd pick up some longer runs to get some k's under my belt.

On Saturday morning I run with Denzil and Leights and they took me. Man, did they take me! Now remember, I'm training for the 21kms. We ran almost 30! I've never run that far before in one go.

The bad news was that there was pain.

The good news was that I made it, I recovered quickly, I have broken the mental barrier and I got inspired.

So right now, even though compared to the others I'm still a newbie, I feel pretty tough.

Scott

1 comment:

dD said...

Scotty..u definately took me! Well done, i see the miles are just raking up for dD..What to do, what to do...