Saturday, January 6

Check'n In

These holidays have been a break from most things – including the blog. But to fill the gaps – here are some dots since we last met;

* In case the grapevine broke down – Hayley is preggies again. Yeah, thanks. This one is due on the 16th of Aug, one day after Ben was born. Are we creatures of habit or what?


* To begin our holidays, all 3 of us were sick which was less than average. Since then the 2 boys have recovered but . . .


* Hayley’s morning sickness is a thing of wonder. It’s truly intense. Even a walk past the meat section at the shops makes her gag.


* This made Christmas day a challenge – in addition, Hayley got a viral infection and was even sicker. But at least I was able to eat – and I was introduced to ox tongue. It wasn’t the worse thing I’ve ever eaten, but I can see why we go for the other bits of the animal first.


* Holidays since then have been a mix of beach in the mornings, kirstenbosch gardens, a few people over, a movie or 2, lots of reading.


* I finished a great novel, ‘The Fall of the Russian Empire’ and half way through John Piper’s ‘Don’t Waste your Life’. A great first read for the year.

Come to think of it I’ve had lots of exciting thoughts and theories over the holidays, but I really need to blog them as they arrive. A post mortem blog doesn’t really feel right. Nevertheless I’ll give you some thoughts next week on the Piper book. As for now, we’re going away for the last week of hols. See ya soon

Scott

PS: My new little project - getting a wall of photos - we have begun!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

love the wall of pics
love the update
looking forward to the piper thoughts.
Dankie! :)
-m-

Anonymous said...

sermon finished - really happy with it and your words went in verbatim or is that verbatum?

I too like the photo wall - the tubman tradition lives on!

ct

CandyGirl said...

i love the wall... very arty. I think that i like the fact that there's a pic of me in it even though its just a speck! Poor Hayley, at least it gets better over time right? I mean i dont know much about morning sickness but thats what i've heard! I'm so happy for you guys! i haven't been around much so i didn't even know that Hayley was that sick. Hope she's feeling better! Hope you're doing well too

Anonymous said...

Hey Scotty, I am not sure how to get your email, so I thought I would try this. I am coming to Africa! I will email you more details once I know where to send it. Can you email me at rich_collett@hotmail.com

collie