Thursday, August 24

The call

What's the most amazing kind of emergency phone call you could get?

How about:

"Scott, we have a girl done where at the office who has just gone into labour and needs a lift to the hospital!"

Well, this morning, that's what I got when I answered the phone.
I buzzed Hayley to come over with me and we met a girl who lives in the block of flats opposite us who was, sure enough, just going into labour. The father was long gone and she was new in town with next to no friends. So she came to church.

In the end I took Ben, and Hayley took our new friend to the hospital. What struck me was that she was remarkably calm and even withdrawn. Sadly, when Hayley was chatting to her in the car it came out that she may of felt guilty or embarressed. Or maybe but just a very private person. Either way, she didn't even want Hayley to go in with her, not even to carry her bags.

But nevertheless, in a few days time we will pop over to flat 207 and meet the little one. I'll let you know how it goes!

Scott

If you haven't found something strange during the day, it hasn't been much of a day
John Archibald Wheeler

2 comments:

Justin said...

Oops. Meant to comment days ago.

That is incredible.

dD said...

Hectic!!!!Il pop down later and here more details..cos i can..but wow!!