Tuesday, March 14

Lost

Today was the day I got my voice back. I've been sick for a while, nothing deadly, but just enough to slow me down. But the real killer was that for the first time ever, I fully lost my voice.

Now, for someone like me, that's quite a thing. To make it worse, this weekend was our Senior Youth Summer Camp.

I was kind of hoping that it would mellow me out, get me to sit and listen better to some of the kids on a bit more of a one to one basis. And you gotta beleive me, I did really try. And a few chats kind of fell into this category. But as a general rule I struggled under my thorn in the flesh. I think that tells you something about me that is a bit sad really.

Anyway - it was a top camp. Phumezo was our speaker and considering that he usually gives talks in Xhosa he did a fine job. Not really any photos to speak of I'm afraid. A bit to preoccupied in being sick to get my act together with the camera. But if it helps you visualize, we had a awesome game of sardines and managed to hide about 20 people under a ground level trampoline, we almost killed a neighbours chicken, and I discovered that some of the grade 12 girls are struggling to get dates to their matric dances. Guys? honestly, what is up with that??! I guess I'm going to have to draw them a picture . . .

Scott

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

on no how frustrating!
craig lost his voice last year and came to core with a whiteboard and marker....that was interesting, you should've tried that! lots of one on one convos that way...just a little slower hehehe

anyway! glad the camp went well!
how good are youth camps!!?!:)