Monday, March 20

Deep

I had a genuinely good experience on friday night. The kind of time that leaves you feeling deeply satisfied, content and full. I got it from spending a few hours in bible study with nine 13 year olds.

The soccer was great, but it was really only after that when I found the buzz. One of the guys, Ben, was so excited to be there with us, he was literally on the edge of his seat all night. We talked about 1 Peter 3:18. Which of course lead us to other questions like, "Did the dinasaurs come before or after Adam and Eve?" and "How did Cain have a family if it was just him and his parents?" (Although the question was asked by Tim in a way I have never encountered it before, "Did Cain do his mum?") But they weren't red herrings or trouble makers, the boys were really concerned about the answers and after we chatted, they left feeling calm and content that their God was trustworthy.

In the 6 or 7 weeks that the group has existed, one guy, Will, has already brought 3 friends. That does good things for my soul. I'm not sure if there is a deep lesson here, but I definately wanted to post it. God is drawing people to Himself despite their age, blindness and leaders who are, at the best of times, jars of clay. And that was more than enough to leave me deeply satisfied.

Scott

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can very much relate to that joy Scott!
I am continually amazed and encouraged by the way God works in the kids at TC. And even more amazed that he choses to work through me
...as you said "God is drawing people to Himself despite their age, blindness and leaders who are, at the best of times, jars of clay."
So cool to hear about what God is doing in the youth on the other side of the world!:)
Its awesome to be a part of!