Friday, November 18

I love boobies!

I know sharing a Simpson’s moment over the blog probably rates me as an A-1 nerdlinger but hey, it’s my blog!

In Wednesday’s episode, Bart and Lisa get a glimpse 8 years into the future of when they are teenagers. One scene has Smithers arrive back at the Monty Burns mansion with his date . . a women! (For those unsimpson-a-fied, Smithers is gay). Bart looks in disbelief and says, "But Smithers, I thought you were . . .well, you know . .. ?“ To which he replies. “Oh no Bart – I’m as straight as they come – as long as I take this injection every 10 minutes!” He produces a mini needle and jabs himself in the arm. His eyes dilate and then in a crazed voice he punches the air and yells, “I love boobies!”

Now this is funny just cause it is. But again a great example of how the Simpson’s seeks to usurp. The comment between the lines? That people are who they are – if your ‘born’ gay, you can’t help it, it’s who God made you and no matter how we try and ‘fix’ the problem (thru drugs, religion etc) we can’t – because there is no problem in the first place.

Now of course, I don’t buy that for a second but you got to take your hat off to the Simpson’s for cramming all that into a 7 second bit of cartoon.


Scott

No comments: